Miss Boo. I should say Boo-tiful. She is a beautiful little soul in a big Bernese Mountain Dog body. She is the apple of her mom’s eye with a personality as big as Chicago.
Do's for you:
- If you usually wear makeup, Put on a little more makeup than usual. It will photograph better. Better yet, pamper yourself and get your hair and makeup done!
- Plan your outfit to complement your pets coloring and ideally fit within the decor of your home so that if you want to feature your new photographs in your home (why wouldn't you?), they will fit right in!
- Exercise your dog, regardless of where your session takes place. When we drive for your session, your pet will be excited. Getting the sillies out before their session is probably the most important preparation part.
Dont's for you:
- Don't wear bold colors like reds and hot pinks. Why? Well, simply put they don't photograph well. They are are also distracting to the eye and often can cause your images to have a 'dated' appearance in the years to come.
- Don't get a drastically new or untried haircut a few days before your session.
Do's for your pet!
- Groom and if necessary bath your pet. Grooming can be a brushing to get all the mattes out, burrs/stickers etc. It may also mean a trip to the groomers.
- Plan on using their 'good' or a new collar. We ask that pets stay on leash which we will remove later on. This also means they will need to be wearing a collar. When possible we do try to remove collars but where we can not, it is best to have a nice looking collar.
- Exercise your pet...a lot. If you usually walk them for 20 minutes, walk them for an hour before your session. This is very important and not something to forget to do.
- If we are having your session at a location your dog regularly walks, plan to arrive extra early and walk them so they are settled and not wanting to walk during their session
Do not's for your pet
Do not feed a bunch of treats to your pet before! We do use shakers to help keep your pet's attention, if they are full, they will want to sleep not pose!
Hold off on the water as best as possible. While we want your pup well hydrated, some breeds who have beards or longer hair around their mouths, need to have their face dried and combed after their drink.